Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fort Collins: Monday Through Wednesday

Well, as I mentioned before, I awoke last Monday in Fort Collins to a most peculiar April sight.  Snow-and lots of it!





My campus closed early, and so I headed home to a winter wonderland.  Fortunately, Fort Collins was great about clearing my street, and so everything was great...


...for about an hour!  Then, the temperature dropped a bit, and the 7 inches of snow was quickly topped by another 6 or so, and glazed with plenty of freezing rain.  On Tuesday, I decided against driving to campus for a second day, and instead got to again enjoy the beautiful scenery on my street.





By Wednesday, we had plenty of snow, but I nonetheless woke to even more of the same!  Here is the view as I trudged to campus (would this earn you a snow day in your neck of the woods?).




Ultimately, the snow actually got even heavier, and so campus closed for us at noon on Wednesday!  As you can see, there was quite an exodus of thrilled students when the news broke.



Pretty soon, campus was again quiet, and I had free reign of a very quiet, very beautiful, and very snowy campus as we received another half-foot of snow.



By Thursday, our new weather pattern ended just as abruptly as it had arrived.  The sun began to poke out, and the temperatures returned to near 50 degrees.  All in all, we got 22" of snow during three days of nonstop snow, making this one of the most awesome snowstorms I've ever experienced!



Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I have to head back to Fort Collins from Laramie.  There's another snowstorm in the forecast for tomorrow!  Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment