Monday, March 28, 2011

Audrey and Prickly Pear Friend

Hello in Blogland! Charlotte and I are pleased to introduce our newest adopted friends: Audrey the Venus Flytrap, and my new Prickly Pear cactus (tentatively named "Prickly Pear Friend"-your suggestions welcome). Both were inspired by a visit to UNH's Greenhouses, a trip to a commercial greenhouse near Dover, NH that hosts some of the Winter Farmer's Markets, and birthday spending money!

Anyway, "Prickly Pear Friend" is pretty cool (and I am super-excited to have him), but Audrey is the real show-stopper these days.

All you need for some good wholesome fun is Audrey, a fruit fly (or full-size fly) a toothpick, and a camera!


And, voila! Bug problem-and boredom-solved. Obviously, as the spring progresses and larger flies again invade my apartment, it will be necessary to post more graphic flytrap images. In the meantime, though, enjoy this benign sequence.

I will be hanging out with my two new little friends-and preparing to post some photos from our recent weekend adventure (hint: it involved mousse-and a trip to the land of moose)!

No comments:

Post a Comment